Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ya Gotta Go With The Gut

In the past few weeks I have had a few different discussions with a few of my girlfriends about life. One of my closest friends has some doubts about the guy she is dating. We had a long talk about her situation the other day and she mentioned to me that she just "feels" like he is doing something bad. As she spoke to me, she tried to conveince herself that maybe the feeling she is having is wrong. WHY do we as women do that??!! Anytime we have a "gut" feeling we try to talk ourselves out of going with that feeling! We are so conditioned to make excuses for people that we don't go with what we KNOW is right!!!

When I was with "CJ" I just KNEW he was cheating! We were living together but were not yet married. I had this feeling deep in my stomach that something was wrong. I did a bit of "Nancy Drew" investigating and was RIGHT!!!! I called him on it, called the girl on it ( I knew her) and both denied their relationship. "CJ" said I was "crazy" for thinking he was cheating. He told me I was just over-emotional because I was sick. At the time I was suffering from Graves Disease, which is a thyroid disease. He continued to make ME feel WRONG because I accused him of cheating, which was exactly what he was doing!!! Nice guy, right?! I let him convience me that I was nuts because I was sick. I choose to believe his lies. I ignored the pit in my stomach. I ignored the nagging in my gut. NOT good! I was dead on......he was cheating with the girl I knew. He didn't have the stones to "man" up. Damn shame really. If I would have been true to myself and gone with my gut I would have saved myself years of heartache and wouldn't be looking at bankruptcy. If there is one thing I have learned within the past few months it's that I always need to be true to myself. If I feel something is wrong, if I think someone is lying, if I have that icky feeling in my gut, I go with it. When that little voice inside myself says "Hey, something is not kosher" I listen to it!

Women so often ignore their gut reaction or feeling. We are so used to making excuses for people. Usually we as women are used to looking at the best in someone or something. We aren't supposed to think of ourselves first. Women are care-givers and are just so conditioned to taking care of the needs of others that we ignore our own needs. THAT IS CRAP!!! Don't do it!!!!! If you are in a relationship or situation and you think something is off, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!! Always go with the gut!!! Nine times outta ten, you are gonna be right!!!! Listen to yourself. Hell, even if your gut says "Don't eat another whole pizza again!" LISTEN! :) Step up ladies and guys!!! Ya gotta go with the gut. Don't ignore yourself....ignore the bs that others try to sell ya!

1 comment:

  1. once again mel... you are right on point! same story different names

    ReplyDelete